A Beach Lover's ParadiseSonesta Island (er, now I think they call it Renaissance Island) is a beach lover's paradise with uncrowded and private beaches. There are beautiful crystal clear waters surrounded by mangroves and tropical birds and wildlife that call Sonesta Island home.
- A 40-acre private tropical retreat with spectacular white sand beaches
- Secluded coves and protected swimming areas
- Hammocks under shady palm trees
- Extensive array of watersports by Red Sail Sports, including snorkeling, scuba diving, kayaking, waverunners and floatbeds
- Complimentary water taxis depart approximately every 15 minutes from the resort
- Personal beach-side service
- Tennis court for daytime tennis action
- Casual dining and bar featuring the latest in frozen cocktails
- Fitness center with exercise area overlooking the ocean
- The Cove - an intimate area for honeymooners and small group functions
For first time snorkelers, the man-made breakwater provides ample opportunity to see lots of different kinds of fish and coral. If you want to take underwater pictures, we suggest you get one (or more) disposable underwater cameras at home and bring them with you - $10 at our Target, $25 in Aruba. Also, make sure that the sun is shining brightly when you take the pictures.
Drinks are reasonably priced (and potent), but the food is quite expensive.