TaxisIt is not customary in Aruba to hail cabs off the street by raising one's hand. In general one would phone for a taxi. Hotels, restaurants and stores are well-known to taxi-drivers so pickup from one of these designated spots is no problem at all.
The taxi dispatch office, which can also arrange taxi tours, is located at Pos Abou z/n in Oranjestad, behind the Eagle Bowling Palace on the Sasaki road. Phone: 5822116 or 5821604. Fax: 5836988
Sample Taxi Fares in Aruba
Fares are per taxi for a maximum of 5 passengers. Fares are flat rate set by the government. No meters are used. The driver is required to tell you the fare to your destination upon request before you enter the taxi. All rates in US dollars.
- Prices are approximate and in effect 2009-2012
- Holiday, Sunday, and after midnight fares are surcharged $3.00
- Price from Airport to ArubaHouse is $30
- Minimum rate is $6.00
- Hired rate is $45.00/hour
- Waiting time is $3.00 per 5 minutes
- Passenger is responsible for $50.00 charge for seat damage from wet clothing or sharp objects
- $50 and $100 bills not accepted
- Shirtless, wet or damp passengers not allowed
|To-From||Hi Rise Hotels||Lo-Rise Hotels||Oranjestad||Noord Restaurants|
- Wix Limousine Transfer Service
ph: (297) 586-0347 or (297) 586-0357
fax: (297) 586-0307
- Tuxedo Limousine Service
ph: (297) 582 5800
- De Palm Limousine Service
>From US: 1-800-609-7374
>From Aruba: (297) 582-4400
All sample rates are subject to change.